Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rocky Run Trail

Ran Rocky Run Trail today, from Middle Ridge to Ellanor C Lawrence park. Pretty good, run, but slower than a normal road pace. The trail plus the small but numerous hills at the park, plus all the road crossings slowed me down. Thought I was going to hit 16+ miles due to the wrong turns, etc., going to the park, but ended up running almost exactly 14 miles (14.06). Sore right now (4 hours afterwards).

Since I'm Quartermaster at my Cub Scout pack, and since I had equipment from our Blue and Gold dinner (plus stuff from the Fall Campout (still) in my garage, I went to put it all away after the run. Seven (!) trips from the car to the building, down a very long hallway, plus 2 flights of stairs (21 steps each flight -- I counted) made me a little tired at the end.

One neat thing... I was listening to Phedippidations (www.steverunner.com) today (I've started listening to music on my long runs) and he was reading an email or playing a voicemail (I forget) from a listener who was talking about how his long runs were his way of being closer to God. Now get this... I wasn't on a road, wasn't waiting for traffic... I was running on a beautiful portion of the Ellanor C Lawrence trail and was totally alone. Very nice portion of the run, and it was interesting to hear that part. Huh.

Probably not running far (if at all) tomorrow due to my long run in the afternoon today.

No comments: