Tuesday, March 11, 2008

16 minutes of fame?

I was going to talk about my run today and I probably will, but I want to diverge a little first. I was listening to an old Steve Runner podcast, where Steve and his friend were looping around Steve's neighborhood and decided to run the Philadelphia marathon. His friend (I forget his name!) mentioned that on google, if you search on 'Steve Runner', you get tons of hits. Steve was a little uncomfortable about that, but that got me thinking -- how many hits are there? I think I mentioned him at one point (since phedipidations got my blogging about my running in the first place). One thing led to another, and I googled 'yagerrunner' -- this blog. Since google owns this blogspace, I figured that they would ensure that their blogs were added to their search engine. What I *didn't* expect was a link from NBC 4 (the local NBC affiliate), who, on their National Marathon page, had my blog on their list. I certainly hope that it's a rolling blog, as I'm sure that there's MUCH more interesting running blogs to read. Oh, to create a circular reference, I'll reference the NBC 4 link here: http://www.nbc4.com/nationalmarathon/index.html.

Anyway, my 15 minutes of fame ended last year when we were featured as a family running group in the Shamrock Marathon guide. This link is minute number 16.

So, if anyone is reading, here's my run info. Since I ran last night, I didn't want to run this morning. I ran this afternoon though. It was very nice outside (50 degrees at start time), so I ran 10 at an 8:33 pace. I ran a little faster going out as someone was running ahead of me and the competitive part of me didn't to lose him. He was faster than me, but he eventually turned off my route before I lost him completely. I did keep my pace up (or down, depending on your point of view) for the first half.

Going back home still felt good, although I wasn't pacing anybody. All in all, I'm very pleased with my run today. I only hope that I can keep it up tomorrow. I hope to run 8 (sorta following the moderate, consistent training plan from the Hanson Project [as mentioned by Steve Runner]).

No comments: