Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Better run today

I had a better run today (than yesterday). I ran 8.03 at an 8:34 pace. Halfway through, I still felt good. That's a good thing. I ran at 12:30 pm today, very sunny, about 42 degrees, but quite windy. The wind was at my back for the first half, and I got very hot. I took off my outer layer at halfway, but I was thinking that maybe the wind would be in my face and I would get cold. Turns out I was right. But after mile 5, I was warm again. After the wind dried my base layer, I got warm again.

Tomorrow, I *hope* to get a 10 miler in, but I might lose the watch and run the standard 10 mile run as a HR run. Since it'll be two 'hard' days in a row, I know that my second run will be slower. So why not make it a HR run, and base my speed on my exertion rather than a watch? We'll see how it goes...

The National Marathon is in 4 days....

No comments: