Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ughh (part 2)

Ughh again. This time, I *did* run yesterday, but yesterday's 12:30pm time, plus the fast pace caught up with me on what turned out to be a 6 mile recovery/HR Run.

I had originally planned on doing a HR Run with no timing, since I *did* run a fast 8 yesterday. But 1/2 mile into the run also made it a recovery run. I felt just about every muscle in my legs, including my right hamstring (that's not good). Since I aim to run 10 miles on a trail tomorrow, I didn't want an 8, 10, 10 set, but more of a 8, 6, 10 set (yeah, that's the ticket). Plus, I *am* running the National Marathon (1/2 distance) with My Lovely Wife on Saturday. Wouldn't have been too good to hobble through it if I ran three hard days in a row this week. However, *next* week I need to ramp it up a notch. It'll be just 4 weeks away from the Frederick Marathon (ouch!).

We went to Pacers running store today. Wow. What a great store! They just opened up a new location in downtown Fairfax. They are a family-run business with at least three locations (all run by family members). They helped me find the right shoe (I'm trying to move away from a stability shoe into a more neutral shoe, very very slowly). I ended up with a Sauceny ProGrid Guide. So far it's a nice shoe (all 30 minutes of walking around in it). I'll let you know in a few weeks. The Fairfax store is still filling up, but they had the Yankz sure lace system. That's one of the reasons I went there. That, plus it's about 4 miles from my house, by far the closest running store (of about 5 total --wow, that's great too!).

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be telling you how wonderful my trail run was... Wish me luck.

No comments: