Saturday, March 15, 2008

Long Run Today

Did a long run today on the W&OD Trail. Started near Weihle avenue and went east. Good run overall. Turned out that I had a slight tail wind going out, and felt that head wind the entire 8 miles back. The first 15 miles felt very good. The last mile was up hill (I guess that means that the first mile was downhill).

I wanted something different today, as I've been running from my house for my long runs lately. I had a good one on Rocky Run trail, but managed to only get 14 miles out of it. I've run up the Reston Parkway for awhile as well. I have run at Burke Lake too, but since each loop is 4.6 miles, I'm left with a 13.5 mile, or 18 mile loop. I'll probably do it again as my get my long run up a little more. The only downside on the W&OD trail is that its mostly flat. I know that I could run on the gravel/dirt trail that runs along side of it, and that will go up and down with the terrain, and maybe I'll do that soon. However, today wasn't the day.

I'm happy I got 16 miles in.

No comments: