Monday, March 17, 2008

Good Morning

Good morning. Weekend was good (ran 16 on Saturday with no ill effects on Sunday). Ran 8 this morning, half expecting it to be a recovery run, but ended up running quite well. Mile 1 was sorta a warmup (Winter is coming back -- this morning was 29 degrees at the start), Mile 2 was slow as I had to wait at a traffic light (due to starting at 7am versus 6am). However, Miles 3-8 were all under 8:30, with Mile 8 at an 8:06. I'm quite happy with my run today. I ran 8.05 at 8:31.

My left heel hurts a bit. It started hurting a couple weeks ago, but perhaps due to increasing my mileage as well as speeding up has aggravated it a bit. I need to research what the issue is. I know that flexing my foot up and down tends to warm up my heel and makes it feel a little better (especially after sitting down for awhile).

I'm going to do a long run with My Lovely Wife this week, so that'll be fun. Somehow, I need to head back to the trails. I thought with this extended time off that I'd have lots of time to sit around, watch tv, and run. But oddly enough, I haven't had the time. I'd like to get back (back? I only did one trail run so far) to trail running.

Speaking of trail running, the GEER 50k is out for this year. Found out that a good friend is getting married, and events like that trump any sort of 'personal fulfillment' activities. However, the North Face Endurance Challenge is coming to DC (http://www.thenorthface.com/endurancechallenge/races/2008/wdc_overview.html). There's a 50k route (as well as a 50m route). No real info on it yet (it's all 'coming soon'). The timeframe is good (it's a week after Labor Day). Plus, it's in DC, so we don't have to travel anywhere. I'd probably need to train for it though -- ya think?

No comments: