Sunday, March 2, 2008

Just noticed...

Just noticed that I didn't post after my run last night. I started out doing something close to Junk miles to get my mileage to 30 for the week. Due to crazy schedules on both Friday and Saturday, I didn't get a run in on Friday, nor could I do a long run on Saturday. Around 8:50 pm Saturday night, I started out with a 6 mile run in mind. Since it was Saturday night, I didn't want to run along the Fairfax County Parkway, nor anywhere where there might be heavy traffic. I had seen that Thompson road had a trail/sidewalk on it, so I ran there. The trail didn't last that long, but turned down another road. Then it ended. Fortunately, the sidewalk continued on a side street, and I was thinking that I would run along all the sidewalks, and then go down another neighborhood to round out my 6. However, the road I was on -- never ended. I ended up going down (and up) and very long road, so I figured it would hit West Ox road and I would finish from there. Unfortunately, it ended in a cul-de-sac (I found out later that it was very close to West Ox, but I needed to take another road to actually hit it). So... I was long in my mileage, and needed to get home before My Lovely Wife started to worry.

Ended up running over 7, getting my mileage to 31 (whew!), ran fast (well, not as fast as I thought -- a 8:54 mile), and got home before 10:00pm. Long story short, I got my miles in.

And I won't call them Junk miles, even though I wanted to round out my 30, as I hadn't run since Thursday and wanted to prep before my long run on Sunday.

No comments: