Monday, March 24, 2008

Ughhh

Ughh... taking three days off and then running again is *tough*! I keep saying that I will never take more than 2 days off, but then I do, and then I suffer through my first run (or two) after starting to run again.

Today I settled on running 6. Although my pace was below 9 (8:52), it felt much slower. I was tired, tight, achy, and I never got a rhythm going. The good part of the run was that it was daylight (I ran after Number 1 Son went to school). I saw the dead deer that I saw last week (this time, I remembered to alert VDOT about it) -- that part wasn't so good.

Not much to say. I begin a new job next Monday, so this week is the last, best week to get a trail run in (hopefully, I'll be able to do so!).

The National Marathon is Saturday. I'm glad My Lovely Wife and I got a long run in last week, and this week is a taper (for my wife). I need to actually ramp up for the next 4 weeks for the Frederick Marathon in early May. Ouch.

No comments: