Monday, March 3, 2008

Post Long Run.... Jog

Ran 3.3 miles today. Waited until this afternoon to give my body 24 hours rest. Actually gave it 26 hours.... My legs felt very tired, although I averaged an 8:40 pace. Did the Route 50 loop. Beautiful day outside. It was sunny and 65 degrees. Wore shorts and a t-shirt. The weather felt great! I just hope that it's not a calm before the storm.

I've already made my predictions public, that we have seen the last of the Winter storms. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. However, now that I've experienced warm weather (today's 60+ not included), I don't want to go back. I've said before that now that I'm getting older, I enjoy summer-time MUCH more than winter-time. I even prefer 90 degree weather with high humidity over winter. Anyway... it's a little too early to talk about summer -- I need to get through spring first!

Haven't signed up for the backyard burn yet, nor the GEER 50K. I did check to see if registration was full yet -- it's not full (yet); however, I should probably sign up soon.

No comments: