Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another good day

Another good day! I ran 8 this afternoon, at an 8:33 pace. Yesterday I ran 10, and today I ran 8. Can't complain about that!

It was quite windy out this afternoon, but it was 50 degrees at 2:15pm when I ran, so it was good. This time I wore a short sleeve shirt under my long sleeve shirt (as opposed to two long sleeve shirts worn yesterday), so when the sun started beating down on me, I was prepared. I also had some left in me to do a 8:03 mile for mile 8 (including the dreaded hill just before the 1/2 mile mark towards my house).

I don't seem to be following any sort of plan, but after reviewing some online, I'm sorta between the 'traditional' training plan (some tempos, some speed, lots of shorter runs, and the long run on the weekend) and the Hansons-Brooks Project training plan. The Hansons-Brooks training plan is actually MUCH tougher than my plan, as you do a fast long, short-ish, long, then long, 4 days straight. Then you run for 2 more days. You only get 1 day / week rest. Although the longest run is only 16 miles, you run 10 miles the day before. Sooo... the only real aspect I am following is two hard-ish days in a row. I'm still doing a long run on weekends. You get the picture.

Just realized the National Marathon is 2.5 weeks away. I'm planning on doing a long run with My Lovely Wife next week (while we are taking a spring break away from home), so that'll be fun. This'll probably be the longest run for my wife prior to the race. I still haven't signed up for the Frederick Marathon in May, but I really should think about it soon....

No comments: