Saturday, February 2, 2008

Good End to the Week

14.05 miles. Not bad. I hit my goal (mostly) for the week, and definitely hit my goal for today's run. I wanted to run 6 days this week, but 5 days this week isn't too bad.

The first 1/2 of today's run was great. I was feeling good. I was feeling good into mile 10, and even into mile 12. However, around mile 11 I was starting to feel tight. The last two miles I was feeling the miles in my body. My pace, however, wasn't too bad overall. I didn't have a negative split, as my second 1/2 was about a minute slower than my first half... but a minute isn't bad when the total was 2 hours. My pace was slightly slower than last week's long run, but last week, the course was much flatter. On the other hand, it was slower still than my long run from 2 weeks ago. We'll see if I stay at 14 for next week, or keep increasing. It would be good to keep it steady to see if my pace improves, but we'll see what the Plan prescribes. I'm reserving one of my free weeks for the National Marathon (1/2 distance) with My Lovely Wife. We are just going to have fun with it... no running for time on that race.

No comments: