Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tough to get started!

You know, I originally started the blog (and training journal) so that I would have additional motivation to keep up with my training (signing up for marathons wasn't enough, I guess...).

The thing is, no one is reading my blog (not that I blame them) and it's not really helping to motivate me (too much).

That said, I've run 2 days this week (and it's already Wednesday). That means that I need to run Thursday, Friday and Saturday. That, plus there's weather coming in (Artic clipper coming in today, and a 'more complex' system coming in tomorrow night). I'm not sure I'll be able to run (physically) even if I'm mentally ready to run.

complain complain complain....

Today, I ran 8 miles. Felt really good. No time on this one. I put my GPS out to get ready (before me, as it was 23 degrees) and when I went out, I saw that the battery was low. I didn't feel like going back in to get my watch; also, I knew where the 4 mile mark was (roughly). Why need to know exactly how long it took to roughly 8 miles? However, I *did* run (yay!), and it felt good. I *think* it was fast (fast enough anyway).

This brings me up to a whopping 14 miles for the week (boo).

No comments: