Monday, February 18, 2008

Taste of Spring

52 degrees.

wow.

52 degrees.

felt wonderful. plus dark, misty, and quite humid. kinda like real Spring.

Good run but a little slow. My abductor (adductor? can never remember which is which) is still a little sore from Saturday, so I decided to run 6 at a non-fast pace. My original goal was 8-10 but after walking around the house, it didn't seem a good idea anymore. During the run, my abductor felt okay, but I felt it again after the run. I figure that if I do an actual recovery run (even 2 days after the long run) before doing a long run again, it will prevent my abductor from getting worse (may not heal it though).

quick check online. An adductor (with a D) pulls the muscles closer to your mid-line. An abductor (with a B) pulls the muscles away from your mid-line. So I still don't know what to call the muscle that lifts my leg up from the hip.

No comments: