Friday, February 22, 2008

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night...

Kinda fitting, on a number of levels... Today was my last day working for a contractor who primary business was for the US Postal Service....

Also, it's kinds snowy and rainy outside (but not hot or dark right now).

The weather kept me from running this morning. At 4:15 am I awoke to freezing rain hitting the house. Schools were closed, the Federal Govt was on liberal leave, and the whole area was in panic mode. I chose to go back to sleep after verifying the weather.

I went to work, came home early, and before settling in to the 'couch of doom', decided to put on my running clothes to do an easy 4. 4.36 to be exact, but no Garmin or watch to verify that. Nice and easy run, no running too fast (a little risk of ice anyway on the road). Ran in my Montrails -- mostly because I wanted to.

Now going to run 1/2 mile with Number 1 Son. All in all, a good day.

No comments: