Thursday, January 24, 2008

Triangle of Life

During my runs, I think of some great posts that I could write here, but then I sit down at the computer and my mind goes blank.

I had originally planned on going 8-10 miles today to see how I felt, but as it goes, although I got up at 4:50am (!) I still did not have enough time to to run that far and still get all the things done I need to do this morning. So I opted for 6. I then thought -- how about a fast 6, sorta to make up for not going longer? At mile 2, I noticed that my mile times weren't bad and I was feeling pretty good, so presto, a fast 6 became the dreaded Tempo Run. I picked up the pace and ended up doing a 2 x 2 x 2 tempo run. Looking back on my paper log, my tempo paces are significantly faster than 3 weeks ago (8:41, 8:26, 8:39 today versus 9:03, 8:49, 9:10 on 12/31).

I'm happy I was able to do a Tempo Run today, as I was supposed to do one earlier this week, but it was too cold (this morning was a balmy 27 degrees). But, how does this all relate to the title: Triangle of Life? Stay tuned (I don't have time to tell you right now -- ironic given the defintion).

No comments: