Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Good Week

This has been a good week, and today has been a good day. Although I slept in and didn't get my run in earlier, My Lovely Wife and I got our schedules synced up so that she got a run in (8+ miles) first and I got a run in this afternoon. For both of us, the weather was good. I ran 10.53 miles, in a 8:29 pace, my best average pace all year (all 2 weeks of it). It was 38 degrees, and cloudy. The best part though, was the fact that I could see -- that is, I wasn't running in the dark. Running in the dark is usually fine, mostly because since I run in the morning, I don't have much much choice, but I like two things come Springtime -- 1) I get to pull out my shorts again; and 2) I get to run in daylight.

Once in awhile, such as today, I get to run in the daylight. When that happens, it makes it a good day. About running in shorts, we haven't gotten to the truly cold weather yet (that'll come in February), and in December, we had mild enough days to run in shorts... a little cool for shorts, but I'd much rather run in shorts than in long pants.

I was a little worried that I wasn't going to get my mileage in for the week, and I don't like relying on my Saturday long run to make my mileage, as there is too much risk of not making the run.

Regarding yesterday's fall, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I have a bruise on my hip, plus scrapes on my shin (not sure how I got those, as I fell backwards), but it didn't affect any of my 'running' muscles.

All in all, though, a good week.

No comments: