Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mountain running

Ran in Wintergreen today. Was pretty much at top of Wintergreen mountain and it was very very hilly. After first hill, I was done. Unfortunately, it wasn't the last hill. I had option to double my run at middle of run, and since I was at the cross-roads of the longest hill I had and had two choices: 1) cut my run short and go downhill; or 2) continue running uphill, I chose option 1. When I passed the point where the second loop met back up with the first loop, I noticed that the second loop ended with a very long and very steep downhill. That means that if I chose the longer route, they probably would have had to pick me up, as I would have passed out somewhere going up hill. Well, maybe not, but running 4.7 (guess) rather than 2.3 would have taken MUCH more than twice as long, given the hills.

I enjoyed it overall though. We are at around 3,000 feet (I'm totally guessing on this), so it does affect my breathing, but not much. I wish I could train here on a regular basis. All it takes is money! :-)

Not sure if I'm running tomorrow, as we are packing, skiing (well, My Lovely Wife as well as my children) and driving home. Number 1 Son has sports practice tomorrow night, so maybe my next run will be on Tuesday.

No comments: