Monday, March 1, 2010

Trying to Find my Pace

Today I ran -- finally.  The last run I did was last Wednesday, and I had to fly all the way to O'Fallon, IL to do it.  I had hopes for last Friday, and then again on the weekend.  But work and life just kept me from it.  Anyway, that's really no excuse....

I ran 4.77 miles at a 9:06 pace.  Most of my miles were sub 9, but there was one mile that still had a lot of ice and snow on it (I'm a so tired of getting snow in my shoes) and really kept me slow.  I had to hop from snow hole to snow hole, and run gingerly on the recently frozen ice where the snow/ice had been melting the day before.   The run felt fine, no pain, but I have this cold that just won't quit.  Normally, 2-4 days is max for a cold.  I"m on day 4 and my cough is still aggravating.  I'm hoping that running will move things along a bit, or least help me clear my head (literally! -- good thing for the Farmer Blow!).

This week? I hope I run regularly :)

No comments: