Monday, March 8, 2010

New Route

During my run with My Lovely Wife last week, we found a path that we (or at least I) hadn't seen before.  So, today, I tried it.  Wasn't too long, so ended up running along busy road to make my distance (there *was* a path, so I wasn't running on the road though). Today I ran 6.  This is in my quest to get some mileage in before the National (Half) Marathon on March 20.  If I get a couple runs of 6 miles in, plus a couple runs of 4, plus a long run of 10+ this week, that'll be good.  My legs were pretty tired today though. I ran a pretty good pace (9:01), good considering that I had to stop a couple of times to get my bearings, as this was a new route, and it was quite dark outside.  Will I do that course again? Not sure.  Maybe when it's light out, as I do run along a path for much of the distance and it would be good to be able to see the scenery.

Tomorrow? Let's hope for 4.

No comments: