Saturday, March 13, 2010

More and More Running Posts Here

Since the last post, I have run twice, once for 6.8 miles and once for 12.05 miles, rounding out my week to 28 miles.  

First, the runs.  On Thursday, I intended to run 6 miles, but cross two major roads to get to another neighborhood.  On the way back, I decided to take an alternative to avoid the two roads (seems that early morning rush hour traffic doesn't really pay attention to runners), so that added .8 miles to my run.  My run felt good and did an 8:48 pace.  This morning, I took the same route, but extended it, to run towards the Church we go to.  No need to take an alternative back, as traffic on these roads is significantly less on weekends.  I ran 12.05 miles at an... hmm.. 8:48 pace -- exactly the same pace as Thursday.  That's weird.

I meant to run yesterday -- an easy 4 -- but couldn't rouse myself out of bed early enough.  So, I didn't get my 30 miles in this week (2 miles short).  Next week is the National (Half) Marathon, but considering I haven't really been training for it, I consider it a training run in itself.  Goal?  Hmm... I've been thinking about that (mostly while running).  Let's say: 13.1 miles at an 8:48 pace.  I think I can do that, although if the course if like what it was 2 years ago, its rather hilly in spots.

Well, I decided on what shoes I'm going to get (I know all of you out there are on pins on needles on this).  Well, you are going to have to wait a bit longer, as although I ordered them, they'll take a few days to get here.  Oh, don't worry, I'll have pictures and autographs available when I unveil them. :)

No comments: