Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Two Whole Runs This Week!

Wow, whatta post title! Two whole Runs! :)  Well, I ran 6 today.  I'm trying to ramp up a little, as apparently, I'm still signed up for the National (Half) Marathon on March 20.  So I suppose I gotta start keep training.  I've run 10 miles a couple weeks ago, so I think I can finish the race.  However, it'd be good to get double-digits again a few times before the race (in 2.5 weeks) so that the length will be comfortable.

I ran in sub-9 again this morning -- 8:44 to be precise.  The speed felt fine, and I was refreshed at the end of the run, so that's good.  It is also helping that I'm not running every day (but should be running every other day).  I still consider that I'm in 'winter training', so I'm not ramping it up (too much), but... with the 1/2 marathon a couple weeks away, I should consider ramping it up a little....

I need to stretch.  After physical therapy, my runs felt great.  Now my lower legs are a little tight and sore.  There's no excuse on this week.  I know that stretching really does help (and there's actual proof) but after the run, I'm busy getting ready for work.  I should try to spend 10 or so minutes stretching, particularly my calves and ankles, so that I don't start with injuries.

I'm also debating on the kind of shoes I should get next -- more support, or less support? Anyone have any thoughts?

No comments: