Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So Here are the Hills....

I realized that my long runs and medium runs lately have been on relatively flat surfaces.  Why do I say that? because today I ran a hilly course, and I could not, for the life of me, get any real speed.  Plus, I was huffing and puffing all the way through.

Today I ran to Fairfax Corner (via Safeway).  I figured I hadn't run that course in awhile and wanted to do 6.  Well, I did it.  But boy, were there some hills involved! I managed to get under a 9 minute mile, but just.  I did an 8:57.  With this amount of effort on a flat course, I would have hit 8:40 or below. (I'm actually wondering if my lofty goal of an 8:48 for the National (Half) Marathon is too lofty, as it is not a flat course...)  Anyway, at the end of the run, I wasn't in pain, although the bottom of my heel as a little sore (I'm not sure that this is plantor fasciitis or not, as the pain is squarely on the bottom on my heel, rather than closer to the arch.  Also, it doesn't seem like my Achilles because, again, it's squarely on the bottom on my heel.  I wonder if it's just sore...) Once I walked around a bit, it was fine.

Plus, at work, I didn't get the sore feeling after sitting for a long time. So that's good.

Tomorrow? not sure.  Hopefully an easy 3.

Rock On, Lenny! (now tell me where that line is from!)

No comments: