Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Good (But Cold) Day

Well, today was a good day, although a bit chilly. If you read my last post, you know that my goal this week, or at least the past couple of days, was to run while on travel. Yesterday I ran 4.5 at an 8:39 pace, and this morning I ran 4.6 miles at an 8:42 (or something) pace. So, I'm very glad about that.

Now, it was 20 degrees this morning, with a wind chill of 6. That's s-i-x. 6. Now, normally, when I'm at home, when running in this temp, I wear more clothes than I ran in today. I would have worn a vest and mittens. Well, given that I'm packing my running clothes, I pack as light as possible (that's why I prefer summer running while on travel). So, no vest and no mittens.

On my run, I was *mostly* fine, except for my face. The last two miles I was running into the wind. In the last mile, my face got numb (that's one notch past just hurting). I was a little afraid of frostbite, but didn't need to worry. However, I didn't like the numb face :-)

Also, and this was weird, my arms got really creaky. I had to stretch them several times during the last mile. I wonder if I need to get a winter running jacket to replace my vest, although I really don't want to.

Anyway, hurray (sp?) for me.

John Yagerline
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: