Sunday, August 31, 2008

Unmotivated, but ran anyway

Well, it was all I could do to keep running after the first tenth of a mile. I was actually okay getting up, getting a banana, reading a bit of the paper and getting ready to run.

I started running okay -- I was creaky from yesterday's 12 miler though. However, right after I started, I felt like stopping. It was all I could do to keep running. By the first 1/2 mile I think I had resigned myself to running.

Today was a short, easy run. 4.4-ish miles, no time. The course is relatively flat, and I wanted to a) get a back-to-back run in; and b) start to try to get 5 days a week in. I've been doing 4-days a week lately, and although I'm slowly getting back into shape, running every other day (more or less) actually hurts more than running back-to-back days.

No comments: