Saturday, August 30, 2008

Good Week

Haven't posted in a couple of runs... On Friday, I ran 4.3 in a misty rain (didn't track time). It was a nice run, but I'm sure I ran pretty slow. It was a misty rain, but I enjoyed it. I actually hoped for a harder rain at times, as a misty rain is somewhere between rain and no rain. If I'm going to get wet, might as well get credit for a good rain as well!

Today I ran 12.4 miles (!) Originally I had planned to run 10, but even before that, I had hoped to run a 10k race. Unfortunately, I waited until it was too late to sign up online. By the time I tried to sign up, the online registration was over (although the website said that online registration wasn't going to close until 24 hours later). Anyway, rather than risk not getting into the race after driving 52 miles, I decided to run locally instead. I decided to run somewhere where I didn't have to leave from my house, and I chose the W&OD trail. While driving to the starting point, I worked out the weekly mileage in my head and thought that if I ran 12 miles instead of 10, I'd hit 30 miles for the week. Plus, since I had done a 10 miler the week before, I wanted to see how I'd do on a 12 miler. Plus, the W&OD is kinda flat, so the difficulty wouldn't be too bad.

Anyway, I ran 12 at a 8:53 pace, so I was very happy about that.

No comments: