Thursday, September 4, 2008

Treadmill??

Okay, I blew it yesterday morning and didn't wake to run (I did, however, end up waking up, so that's good!) I ended up running on the treadmill last night. If anyone knows me, they know how difficult it is for me to run 1/2 mile on a treadmill, much less for 1 hour. However, I persevered, along with my iPod, to slog it out for 60 minutes. My pace was very slow for the time though -- 10:23, or 5:68 miles. But, I did run!

I need to figure out the programs better on the treadmill, or figure out some other workouts. I had the target speed at 7 mph, or 8:30 pace. However, it took 27 minutes to get to that pace. I sneaked the mph faster occasionally, making it more of a Fartlek run at times, but still. I think that if I want to continue to run on the treadmill on a regular basis, I need to set up my own programs.

No comments: