Thursday, August 14, 2008

Staying Positive

I ran today -- 4.3 miles, no time. Yesterday, I had it in my head to run 8 miles today. I figured that I needed a jump start. This morning, I still had just a little bit of that in my head, and that helped me get out of bed (lately, I have been sleeping in on my 'easy' days, making them extremely easy -- not running at all). But today, after getting out of bed, but not at all motivated (plus very tired), I opted to run the 'short' loop (4.3 miles) instead. At least I ran!

I need to figure out a way to stay positive on my running. Lately, I have had no motivation, and right now, I have no upcoming races. I'm thinking of doing a 10k sometime, but haven't even locked that one down. One of my New Year's resolutions is to run 4 races this year (I got out of the 'number of miles' resolution, as that led to a lot of junk miles). I ran two so far, just need two more. Maybe an upcoming 10k would work.

4 comments:

Greg On the Run said...

Welcome to the Complete Running Network Family. You'll find plenty of people dropping by just to say hello.

Motivation - find a nearby race and register for it - today.

Anonymous said...

It's hard when you lose your motivation, I'm struggling with that myself. I find a change of location really helps and I love getting out into the trails. It's so much more relaxing than pounding the pavement.

Unknown said...

I'll have to agree with greg on the run - find a race to do and sign up for it- today. It will lift your spirits up and give you something to shoot for. Good luck! by the way- found you on the Complete Running Network family.

John Yagerline said...

Thanks for the feedback. I think yo are right -- running a race will help me get back in the swing of things. In years past, I had signed up for races on a regular basis. This kept me in 'training mode'. I should start that up again.