Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Getting Slower?

I'm not sure what's going on... I'm running (not consistently), but I'm getting slower. I'm also finding it hard to keep my motivation up. This morning, I got up fine (4:39 am), got ready, skipped a small breakfast, and headed out the door. The weather was good (60 degrees) and I wasn't achy or in any pain.

However, by the 1/2 mile mark, I was seriously considering turning around and going back to bed. I figured, hey, I'm not sweating that much yet, I could probably just change and lie down for another hour. It took several seconds to get that thought out of my head -- mostly by reasoning that I would a) not get much rest; and b) not really be able to get back into bed, as I was sweating at this point. Okay, I thought, might as well tough it out.

At 2 miles, I wanted to turn around again. Finally, at 3 miles out, I did (well, that *was* the planned distance turnaround anyway). I slogged it back home and managed to do 6 miles at a 9:16 pace. Not too bad, but not too good either.

Now, I've only run two days this week, and I should have run at least 3 times by now. My goal is running 5 days a week, but I think *if* I run tomorrow (and lately, my track record of running on my 'slow' days is pretty bad) and run on Friday, I should get 4 runs in this week. Saturday is very very iffy, as we have a big day planned.

No comments: