Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yay!

Okay, I didn't follow the 10% rule (increasing mileage by no more than 10% a week), and I didn't follow my rule of long runs being less than 30% of my total weekly mileage, but I'm very happy I was able to run 10 miles today (10.04, 8:57 pace). At the end of the run, my cardio felt great. I wasn't tired -- well, my legs were a bit tired, and now, 6 hours later, I can feel my right hip flexor right now, but still, I'm very happy.

This run was over 50% of my total mileage, but last night, I got some motivation back. I was listening to some good running music and all of the sudden, I felt that I could do 10 today. Now, this morning, I could have easily let my motivation slide some, as I was tempted to go downstairs and turn on the tv. But I stepped it up and just left the house. It helped that was listening to an old Phedippidations podcast that I have fallen behind on. This podcast lasted only an hour or so, so I listened to another running podcast: The Extra Mile. This podcast seems pretty good as well. I'll have to keep sampling it.

No comments: