Monday, October 6, 2008

Challenge

So I have a bit of a challenge for myself. Since I can't seem to sign up for a race (too busy, too tired, too out of shape, take your pick), I decided to try to get a jump start to my training by setting a goal -- run two weeks with at least 22 miles each week. If I can do that, I should be getting back into a rhythm. That said, I ran 6.06 miles this morning (at a 9:13 pace). My pace was a bit off (considering I ran 10 at a sub-9 on Saturday), but I did remember that the first run after a long run (for me) was a bit creaky. Plus, it is beginning to be a little cooler in the morning (it was 51 outside this morning). I had my cotton gloves on (as my hands were pretty cold last week -- for the first mile or so), but I didn't really need them. Although today's temp was a bit chilly, it didn't *feel* cold (no dampness, no wind, etc.).

Anyway, I'm off on my challenge!

No comments: