Sunday, October 26, 2008

Goblin Gallop

We just finished our second Goblin Gallop 5K in Fairfax VA. It was beautiful weather, in the 40's at the start and not a cloud in the sky. There was a slight breeze, but it didn't affect us. We? Us? That would be me and my Number One Son. It's our second time running the race (my third) and it has become a tradition in our household. It's a good distance, and it's nearby. Plus, the weather usually cooperates (it would have been much different if we had the weather we had yesterday -- pretty much a steady downpour).

We started off with the pack doing about an 11:30 pace. We eased off at a 1/2 mile and at .8 miles, did a walking break. We ended up running about .5 - .6 miles at a stretch before walking a bit. Overall, our pace was 14:01, which is pretty good (I know it was faster than last year, but can't find my 2007 running log to verify!)

All in all, a good time had by all.

No comments: