Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Quick 6

Did a quick 6 this morning. I need to be at the office at 8:00 am this morning, which shifted my morning schedule up a bit. Only had time to do 6, although I felt good enough to go another 2 with no problem. The first mile as a bit tough -- I felt my left ankle (again) and now, the bones in my mid-foot where bothering me a little bit. Both problems went away by the first mile. I chalking it up to early morning runs with no body warmup, but who knows!

At mile 1 I felt good, so instead of doing a steady 6 I went ahead and pushed it. Mile 2 was 8:22, 3 was 8:12, 4 was 8:18, and 5 was 8:24. I eased up the last mile. My overall average was 8:32. Not bad. I'm glad I was able to do it, as last week my pace was slowing down. I hope that I can get my pace back up for my long run this weekend, but based on my last long run, part of me will just be happy if I don't bonk at mile 15.

No comments: