Saturday, April 26, 2008

Last Long Training Run

Well, I did my last long training run this morning. I ran 16.15 miles at an 8:59 pace. Pretty good overall. My left heel hurt throughout the run, so that's not that good though.

It's now spring time. It was in the 60's this morning at 6:15 when I started. The sun was out when I finished, so it got pretty warm. Overall I felt okay though (even though my heel hurt).

It's my last long run before the marathon (uh oh). We'll see how I do. My training wasn't great, but it wasn't too bad either. I'm averaging 35 miles a week since January 1 with some 45-ish mile weeks in there. I never hit 50 miles a week for my training, but with all that's going on, I don't feel too bad about it. Running 50 miles a week is quite a commitment.

Anyway, thus begins my taper....

No comments: