Thursday, April 10, 2008

6, 8, 10

Given the fact that I didn't run Sunday or Monday, I'm still giving it the ol' college try to get my miles up. I ran 6 on Tuesday, 8 on Wednesday, and today I ran 10. I felt good today -- my second half was actually faster than my first half, which is good. Having 24 done (and hopefully 30 by this time tomorrow) will make my long run less than 50% of my total distance this week -- which is my goal. I learned a couple years ago during training for the MCM that having my long run 50% of my total distance made the marathon pretty much a really bad deal. I bonked hard by mile 17 of that marathon. Of course, I've bonked in marathons where I *did* do my training, but less so (thinking back to the Richmond Marathon last fall...). In Richmond, I bonked, but still only missed the 4 hour marathon by 5-1/2 minutes. At MCM, I missed it my 36 minutes.

Soooo.... hopefully I can get 6 in tomorrow and *20* on Saturday (yikes).

Oh, my pace was good, 8:44 pace for 10.04 miles.

No comments: