Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Downward direction

Today I did my last 'Mile Repeats' workout.  It was only a 3x1, but I suffered through it.  Due to a late flight on Sunday, I didn't go to bed until 2am on Monday, so that caused me to skip my Monday am workout (I figured I needed more than 2.5 hours of sleep that day).  The Monday workout would have worked out the rest of my lactic acid from Saturday's long run, as well as warmed up my legs for today's workout.  However, I used the 2 mile warmup to do that (to a limited effect).  My mile repeats were: 8:26, 8:45, and 8:35).  This is a far cry from my 8:20's that I did the last time I did this workout (this was a while ago though...).


I ran in 50 degree weather, a little misty outside, and in O'Fallon, IL.  The weather was quite good for running, but it gets light a little later out here, so I ran in total darkness.  I also began my run at 4:30 am CDT (which is 5:30 am EDT, so that wasn't that bad).

No comments: