Thursday, October 22, 2009

How much longer?

Whew, ran another 6 today.  Got up at 4:30am 4:45am, was glad that it was 51 degrees outside, and went running before my brain figured out what was going on.  I used to think that once I was dressed, I was good to go, but after a bad day, then thought that getting out the door was the point of no return, but then, after another bad day, after running a quarter-mile, I was definitely in good shape to continue running, but then, after *another* bad day (not all of these bad days were in a row...), after running a half-mile, I'd be good to go (you can see a pattern here).

Today, never thought about it, which was good, because if I did, I would have gone back to bed.  I went 6, felt okay with the pace (9:17), also felt my left knee (which wasn't so good), got the kids up, and went to work.  Tomorrow should be a duplicate of today (although I gotta find new places to run).  Saturday will be the last (yay!) long run in my training. 

No comments: