Thursday, April 22, 2010

Running with a Group, Part Two / Another Evening Run

I do want to point out one thing about last night's run -- although I *think* I ran an 8:20-8:25 pace, it was no walk in the park.  I was beat.  I was *happy* I had to wait 2-3 minutes at the intersection going out, and happy I had to wait 1-2 minutes at the same intersection coming back.  I was beat at the end.  I wasn't going race pace, but I was close.  *That* is the biggest thing to (re) learn about running with a group -- don't go too fast.  I could handle it, but it was definitely a hard run.

Tonight? Another evening run.  My Number One Son had another sports practice tonight, so I took the opportunity to get another run in.  Where he practices is roughly 1.2 miles from a path going to Ellanor C. Lawrence park (according to my Garmin) so I headed there.  Apparently, I keep forgetting that I can't do simple math while on a run, so although I chose a path where it ended 2.45 miles in, I couldn't remember that I had to add .55 X 2 -- or roughly a mile -- to my run to make it an even 6 miles.  I got the .55 mile part, so I added another 1/2 mile to my run, or thereabouts, but at the end, I only had 5.44 miles.  I had forgotten to add *another* .55 miles to my run to make it 6.  Oh well, my legs were shot anyway (see above).  In fact, my quads are a bit sore from running, and of course, my right heel hurts.  Some say it's plantar fasciitis, and they are probably right.  All I know is that I wake up in the morning and need to hobble around for a few minutes until my heel can stand walking normally on it.

Cheers.

No comments: