Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..... NOT.  Let's hope it's over for awhile.  Well, Washington DC broke the record for snowfall in a single season.  55.6 inches this season.  *And* they measure in a place where they don't have a lot of snow.  National (Reagan) Airport (the official measuring place) got 17.1 inches of snow last weekend, whereas I got 24 inches of snow in the same time period.  Anyway, a record is a record... :)

Today, I fought through 4.5 miles in icy/slushy/snowy mix.  In some parts, it felt like I was running in sand.  I felt sluggish and slow.  Plus it was blowing around 20 mph, so it felt a little cold as well (although it was a balmy 29 degrees).  Still, I guess I overdressed, because I didn't feel that cold, even with the wind in my face.  It felt refreshing, actually (except for the actual running part -- that felt terrible). So, not a good run, but better than not running at all, I guess.  I am getting tired of running in my neighborhood, but it'll take a week or two for the snow to melt off the paths so that I can run elsewhere.  With the reduced driving lanes, I'm also being extra cautious on the roads, because the drivers are having trouble just going down the road; they don't need some upstart pedestrian getting in their way :)

Still, no running record for sure, but 3 runs this week, with a possible 2 runs to go this week (although not likely).

No comments: