Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Creaky Old Man

Well, I *finally* ran again today.  It had been 7 days since my last run and I made up my mind to run again this week while I am on travel (again).  Last week, I had packed my running gear in my bag, which took up much of the space, by the way, carried it all the way to St. Louis, put it in my hotel dresser, and then, packed it back in my bag and carry all the way home.  It wasn't really what I had in mind.  

This week, packed my running gear in my bag, which took up much of the space, carried it all the way to St. Louis, put it in my hotel dresser... However, as a break from last week, I actually took it out this morning (and not just to admire it), put it on (did I tell you that it was 26 degrees, with a 14 degree wind chill outside this morning?) and ran for 4.58 miles (or so), at a 8:39 pace (very fast).  My knees and left ankle were a little creaky (hence the post title...) but I ran (yay for me).  I took a usual route from my hotel, through a neighborhood, into the historic section of town (of O'Fallon), and turned around.  Sorta a boring run, but the really cool runs in this area are not close to the hotel...

No comments: