Saturday, December 12, 2009

Starting Again

This week I ran 14 miles across 3 runs. Not too bad for an 'offseason'
week, but I hope to increase the mileage over the next couple of weeks
to the 20-ish range.

This week I also began physical therapy. This was as a response to a
doctor visit to check on my left knee, left ankle and right foot. No
broken bones and highly unlikely of any stress fractures, but most
likely a neuroma (nerve damage) at least on my foot. Nothing obvious
found on my other issues. Both the doctor and the physical therapist
recommended more stabilizing shoes though (ascis to be precise). So,
since my adidas are done (600+ miles on them), I guess my next shoes
are the ascis 2100 series shoe. I used to run in them a while back and
they are good shoes. It is weird though that both people recommended
them.

Next week? A business trip to the Midwest (expect cold!) but hopefully
will be able to run 4 days, but its tough on 'travel' days. I want to
keep my runs easy and not too long, but will need to go back-to-back
days to accommodate flights.

We'll see!

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: