Saturday, December 26, 2009

Normal(?) Run

Well, not a snowy run, not an icy run, but a normal run.  I'm on my quest for 900 miles in 2009, and I was/am about 26 miles away from that, so I ran 6 miles today.  I was able to run on the asphalt (albeit very wet asphalt), but was able to get 6 in.  Today I ran Penderbrook / Fairfax Farms.  I last ran this course in the Spring in a hard rain, so I guess I didn't realize just how hilly it was.  It was a light rain, so it didn't take my mind off the hills.  I felt every uphill.


However, I ran a good pace.  My doctor and my physical therapist both say I need to get new shoes, so I'm trying to get my miles in my current shoes while I save up.  However, it'll be very interesting to see how a more stable shoe feels after running in neutral shoes for the past two years (this while all the press plus podcasts are touting the benefits of running in very light shoes or even barefoot!).

No comments: