Wednesday, December 23, 2009

900 in 2009?

Just noticed that I have run 874 miles this year.  This is well off my goal of 1,000 miles (probably due to the 2-3 month hiatus I took in the Spring).  However, it is possible to get 25 more miles in in 2009?  I have 8 more days (well, probably closer to 7 as it's not likely I'm running on Christmas Day).  My running has been off-peak as of late.  I'm not running more than 4 or so miles at a stretch during the week, but no more than 6 on my 'long run'.  


It's doable, but I'd need to push it to make it.


Trail running.... Well, the North Face is putting on the Endurance Challenge (again) in the Washington DC area.  They moved the race to early June (instead of September the past couple years).  Doable? Yes. do I want to?  I dunno. I had trouble with the 50k training 2 years ago (they actually cancelled the race due to heavy rain from hurricane remnants coming up the coast).  I need to think about it some more.... Injury-free? Not yet.  The physical therapy is helping my right foot, but we'll see about my left knee.  They can only do one part at a time.

No comments: