Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yay, I ran today!

Whatta headline. To have to announce (gladly) that I ran today is something.. but not exactly a good something.

I woke this morning at 4:30 am (I'm getting too used to this) and for some reason, didn't manage to leave the house until 5:30 am. May have something to do with the fact that I did a little bit of work before I headed out. Anyway, I ran 'okay'. I did 6.2-something, at a 9:20 (I think) pace. I think a) not running consistently; and b) taking my long runs on trails, where my pace is slower, has something to do with the fact that my daily (ish) runs are not as fast as they used to be. I would have hoped that my daily runs would be under a 9-minute pace, but hey, at least I'm running (Yay, I rank today!)

I'm hoping to do 8 tomorrow, and then either skip a day, or run 4, and then do a long run on Saturday (not sure for how long though -- yet, but I posted last Saturday that it should be another 18. yikes).

No comments: