Saturday, February 14, 2009

One down, One to go

I ran 14 late this morning. I elected to not run 20, but run shorter runs two days in a row. My knee has been bothering me lately, and I didn't want to injure it more (as is running 14 miles doesn't affect it at all....) I was under a 10 minute mile (something like a 9:40) but I wasn't really watching my pace (too much). I took 3 walking breaks on purpose, including one half-way through. We'll see if I can do 10 tomorrow morning (whew).

I actually felt very good at 7 miles (half-way), and pretty good at 10. In the last mile, I actually ran as fast as I could up a steep hill near my house (but only got down to an 8:40 pace, so I wasn't running all that fast). I could have handle another couple miles easily, but I'm not sure I would have felt just as fresh after 6 more miles....

Oh well, wish me luck for tomorrow morning.

No comments: