Monday, February 2, 2009

Slogging It

Okay, it took a little bit of willpower, but I got myself out of bed and ran outside. The weather forecast said it was 31 outside, but it felt warmer than that. It was actually 41 at my house, but I didn't find out until after I came back in -- I was dressed a little too warmly.

Anyway, I was waffling to run either 4 or 6, but was leaning towards 6, when I realized, about a 1/4 of a mile from my house, that I forgot my water. Whoops. That made my decision for me, so I ended up doing the loop around my neighborhood, 4.34 miles, at a 9:39 pace.

My left quad was feeling a little tender from my long run on Saturday. I was also still a bit tired from that run. So I didn't want to push the pace too much. A 9:39 was a little slower than I would have liked, but at least I ran, and hopefully didn't injure myself.

No comments: