Friday, February 6, 2009

Late Night Run

Yesterday morning, it was all I could do to get up in time to go to work. There was no chance in heck to get up earlier to run 8 miles (I think I'm coming down with something, various members of my family are/were sick, plus several friends -- especially those with children). So.... last night, I told My Lovely Wife to force me to run after dinner, etc.

Last night I did.

8.02 miles at a 9:22 pace. It was rather like an early morning run, but with less traffic. I started out around 8:55 pm and was back around 10:05-10:10 pm, so it wasn't too late, although it was much later than I usually run :-)

It was kinda cold -- 24 degrees, but not too windy. I'm starting to think that running wearing cotton gloves may not be the best idea. My hands got hot, then sweaty, so I took them off, but then after my hands cooled off, I had to put on cold and wet gloves. I also have some issues other apparel items made of cotton, but that's certainly not a topic for a public blog post :-)

I'm taking off today, and trying to figure out if 18 miles for tomorrow is in my future....

No comments: