Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day After

I was thinking after my run today that I don' t have a race scheduled for after this next race. They say that you should have a race already scheduled so that you don't hit the post-race malaise (too much). Particularly for a marathon. You prepare so much for it, and all of the sudden, it's done, and you are left in a funk. I know -- I've have it before. After my first marathon, I stopped running for nearly 3 months (!). After other big races, I fought to stay motivated as well.

This past year, my motivation has flagged somewhat (just recent posts from last fall, and you'll see). The question is... what race should I run? It'll be mid-Spring by then (well, early Spring). Maybe some 10Ks. I haven't done them in a while.


Oh, I ran 6.00 miles today at a 9:30-ish pace. My left knee continues to make itself known.

No comments: