Saturday, September 13, 2008

In Search of a Title

Okay, I ran today... 8 miles, 9:14 pace. Although I kept my goal of slow and easy runs this week, today, being Saturday, and the fact that I waited until daylight to run, there were several other runners out there. Usually, I'm the only one there, or at most, I see 1 other person, and they are usually going the other way. Today, one person passed me as if I was standing still, and when I turned onto Fairfax County Parkway to run the bulk of my run, there were several runners ahead of me, and they kept getting further and further away. Part of me wanted to increase my pace (I guess that was the competitive part of me), and it took considerable willpower to ease back up on my pace to keep to my slow and easy goal. Whew. I'm not sure I would have caught up with them anyway.. they were bookin' :)

Anyway, I got 8 in and it was kinda slow. On the other hand, it was 70 degrees and already very muggy. I drank a full 20 oz of water during my run (I usually drink 1/2 that), and I finished up the water just as I finished the run (meaning that if I had another mile to run, I would have been bone dry -- but sweaty).

Okay, the week is over, and I have 24.87 miles in. Next week's mileage is iffy right now, as I need to be at work at 7 am each day (yikes). That means an hour earlier each day than what I have been doing. We'll see how my runs go....

No comments: