Thursday, July 31, 2008

On a roll!

Okay, everything being relative, I am on a roll. I've run 12 miles this week, including 4.4 today, and three days in a row. On the other hand, that means I'm averaging 4 miles a day, which is actually how I planned it (no, honestly!) Since prior to Tuesday, it had been 14 days since I last ran, I didn't want to immediately injure myself -- I thought I'd wait a week or two before I injured myself :-) Anyway, given that scenario, I wanted to run no more than 4 miles a day this week, but maybe a 6-8 miler this weekend. Since I'm averaging exactly 4 miles a day when I run (again, a total of three days this week), I'm on pace (get it?) to keep to my goal.

Hopefully, I'll be able to run again tomorrow.

Since I ran last night, and then again this morning, I was quite creaky this morning. It was tough to get out the door. Fortunately, because I was only doing a short distance, I didn't bother with eating or anything, I justed headed out the door. Which was good, as I didn't pause to think or anything. I also ran a relatively flat course and I carried my iPod. Plus, I kept the pace very slow -- not only was I creaky, but I really didn't want to injure myself.

Anyway, I'm glad I ran!

No comments: