Wednesday, May 5, 2010

There's such as thing as a 'bad' run...

Well, with 4 runs (okay, maybe three) this week, I realized that last Saturday's run can be termed 'bad'.  Not just bad, but terrible....

I ran a few miles on Sunday, one mile with My Number One Son, and then another few miles by myself... then Tuesday evening (6 miles at 8:35 pace) and just now (another evening run -- 4.5 miles at 8:43 pace).  I felt great for all the runs.  Now, my right plantar still hurts, but it doesn't actually kill me the next day (unlike in the past), so I'll take that as a good sign.  Today's run was in my 5Fingers!  I was able to handle the distance without pain (always a good thing), although I stepped on a rock with my right heel, *exactly* where my right plantar hurts on my way back, which *really really* hurt.  However, within a half-mile of the 'rock incident', I was fine (thanks for asking).  But, I think I"m getting used to the 5Fingers.  I'm still going to take it easy with them (not run too far), but over time, I still hope to increase the distance to 6 miles or so.

The rest of this week? Dunno.  I'm going camping Friday afternoon through Sunday morning with Cub Scouts, so I won't have time to run.  So I"m hoping to get 8-10 miles on Friday morning or noon (not sure which).  Since I probably won't be able to run tomorrow morning, and tomorrow evening isn't looking good either, I'm not sure I could run tomorrow (Thursday) night, and then a long run Friday morning.  Who knows.  I didn't plan this week correctly :/

7 comments:

new websites said...

Thank you very much

new websites said...

Thank you very much

web search said...

Thank you for your wonderful efforts

arabic search said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful Article

arabic search said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful Article

4mp4.net said...

Thank you for your wonderful efforts

websites directory said...

Thank you very much